About Optional Bus Services
Optional Bus Service program is an option for students living within 2 miles or less of their assigned elementary or middle school and within 3 miles or less of their high school.
You may only choose one location for both pick up and drop off.
⇒ If you live in an area where you are required to pay fees. ALL fees must be paid prior to your student being added to a route.
⇒ Transportation fees can be paid through RevTrak using a Credit or Debit card.
⇒ Transportation Fees for the 2020-2021 SY are as follows:
- 1st student...................................... $ 200
- 2nd student..................................... $ 180
- 3rd student...................................... $ 130
- 4th and remaining family students...... $ 80 each
⇒ Payment Options
- Payment in full prior to student being added to bus route (Between July 1st and July 31st, 2020).
- Payment by semester (half of the yearly fee) due prior to student being added to bus route (Between July 1st and July 31st, 2020) and the other half is due no later than Tuesday, December 1st.
If you choose to pay by semester, we will send out one e-mail prior to the payment being due, we will not be sending out invoices via US Mail. Please mark your calendars to submit your payment no later than December 1st, 2020. If payment is not received your student(s) seats will be offered to students on the waiting list and they will be unable to ride beginning, Monday, January 18th, 2021.
⇒ How or where can I make payment?
- On-line through RevTrak (debit or credit cards)
- If you wish to pay for each semester separately, first add the fee to your cart (this would be the total yearly fee). Once the fee is in your cart to pay, you may adjust the amount to be paid to a single semeter fee (divide the yearly fee by 2).
⇒ Free and Reduced
- The district will follow State guidelines for free and reduced - price lunch students
- Fees for students living in a OBS area that receive free or reduced - price lunch will need to have a current form on file with the Food Service Department prior to being added to a bus route.
- The fee for reduced is half the cost of the yearly fee.
⇒ Bus Stop Locations
- Most bus stops for the Optional Bus Service Program will be group stops.
- Stops will be added or eliminated based on neighborhood participation.
- Stops must be at least 300 feet apart to comply with State Laws.
- Students must be picked up and dropped off at their assigned location only.