2021-2022 Kindergarten Information
To be eligible for kindergarten a child must be 5 years old by September 15, 2021.
The Bondurant-Farrar Community School District welcomes your kindergarten student! We take great pride in creating a culture of learning in our classrooms to help make the transition to kindergarten a positive experience for your child and family. We strive to help all children develop their talents in order that they may become productive citizens.
In place of hosting our in-person Kindergarten Information Night, we'd like to welcome you to learn more about our Kindergarten program and support services by viewing the following information. We look forward to welcoming your child and family this fall.
In order to best prepare for our new students, the district asks new and returning families to complete online registration for incoming 2021-2022 kindergarten students beginning March 29, 2021.
REGISTER YOUR CHILD FOR KINDERGARTEN
STEP 1: Enroll online via Infinite Campus. Which best describes your family?
- If you are a NEW family to our district and have no children currently attending BFCSD, please enroll your kindergartner online via the Infinite Campus Kiosk Link.
- If you currently have children enrolled at BFCSD (PK-12), please log into your Infinite Campus parent portal, select "More" in the lower left corner, then click the "Online Registration" link to start the re-enrollment process of your current children. If your child attended preschool with us, you will simply verify their current information. If your kindergarten student is new to the district, you will ADD him/her when you arrive to the STUDENT tab. If you're unsure of your username/password to log in, please use the forgot username/password options available or contact Holly Roby, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prepare to provide the following information during the registration process.
- Provide Proof of Residency (two documents, ie: purchase or lease agreement, utility bill, payroll check w/ address, vehicle registration, etc.)
- Provide Proof of Student's Age (ie: Birth Certificate, US Passport, Custody Document, Adoption Record, Immunization Record that includes DOB).
- Household & Emergency Contact Info
- General Health Conditions, Medications, Etc
- Preschool Contact Info, If Applicable
- Health Insurance & Dental Insurance Info
- Home Language Survey
STEP 2: Submit Required Health Documents
To complete the kindergarten registration process, a health packet will be required prior to your child’s first day of school. Please refer to the State Health Requirements for further details regarding these requirements.
- Immunization Certificate or Exemption Certificate. *It is recommended that you submit one at the time of registration. If the child needs any additional immunizations, you will have to submit a new certificate to the school nurse at that time.
- Dental Screening
- Vision Screening
- Physical/Health Form
- Parent Health Statement Form
These forms can be returned at any time to: Holly Roby, District Registrar, 300 Garfield St SW, Bondurant, IA 50035 or via email to: email@example.com
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT DISTRICT PROGRAMS & SERVICES
The district offers a Developmental Kindergarten (DK) option for students who are 5 years old (kindergarten age) by September 15th and would benefit from an additional year of instruction between preschool and kindergarten. This program is structured for those students who show academic or social discrepancies from their peers. Students will be selected for DK through an application process. To apply for DK, you'll need to complete the above online registration process AND complete this Developmental Kindergarten Form by April 9, 2021. Learn more about our Developmental Kindergarten program here.
Transportation requests will be available starting July 1st for all students KG-12th. This form is required for ALL students (Country or Optional Bus Service) requesting school transportation. To be placed on a route for the first day of school, this application needs to be received no later than July 31st, 2021. Any applications received after an OBS route has reached capacity will be placed on a waiting list. Applications for OBS are considered received after the application has been submitted and payment has been made. Learn more about Bus Transportation here.
Free and Reduced Meal Program & Nutrition Services (Breakfast/Lunch)
- Learn more about the Free & Reduced Meal Program.
- Learn more about Nutrition Services (serving breakfast and lunch).
Special Education, English Language Learners, Title 1
The district is committed to providing services to students to help ensure their academic success. Special program teachers and classroom teachers focus on the same objectives, helping students become even more successful at reading, writing, language and thinking. Kindergarten students may be recommended for special programs by staff after the school year begins. Please visit our Student Services page for more information.
Contact the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-967-7819 with any questions regarding Kindergarten or the enrollment process.