Updated Facilities Use Guidelines
June 22, 2020
The district greatly values the partnership with our community and stakeholders. One aspect of this partnership is providing opportunities for students and community members to utilize the district’s great facilities and outdoor spaces. I am reaching out to provide a summary of updated facilities use guidelines that will go into effect on July 1, 2020. Developed and modified by administration, these guidelines were approved by the BFCSD Board of Education earlier this spring. Please note, all facility rentals are currently suspended due to Covid-19.
Key changes and areas emphasized in the new guidelines include:
- Conflicts with school events will be avoided at the greatest extent possible. Rentals may be rescheduled or canceled due to rescheduled school events.
- Varsity athletic venues and the HS Performing Arts Center (auditorium) will be available on a very limited basis.
- Facility use is not final until approval is granted, agreements are signed, insurance is provided and background checks are confirmed.
- Priority and fees are based upon the requestor’s identified rental group, which is now divided into four categories:
- Class 1 - School affiliated organizations
- Class 2 - Non-profit community recognized organizations
- Class 3 - For profit organizations/private individuals residing in the community
- Class 4 - For profit organizations/private individuals not residing in the community
- New requirements for indemnity and liability insurance.
Additionally, fees have been adjusted to better reflect the actual costs of utilities, maintenance, and the personnel needed to staff rentals. The new facility use guidelines and fee schedule can be seen here https://www.bfschools.org/domain/66.