BFHS Students Earn Awards at 2022 Iowa FFA State Convention
April 28, 2022
The Bondurant-Farrar FFA chapter participated in the 94th Iowa FFA Leadership Convention held in Ames, IA on April 11th and 12th. Twenty individuals from the Bondurant-Farrar FFA Chapter attended this year’s Convention, which made up five teams
competing and two individuals competing. The Bondurant-Farrar FFA Chapter’s agriculture education teachers and FFA advisor’s are Ms. Caitlin Remington and student teacher Ms. Maura Ballagh.
FFA State Convention gives FFA members the opportunity to compete in various contests that assist in learning valuable skills and lessons. The events available to compete in at state convention recognize exceptional members for their hard work and dedication to the contest they are competing in. State convention gives students many opportunities that will later lead them to success in their future endeavors such as networking, career shows, public speaking, and much more.
The results for our participating contests are below. The Parliamentary Procedure team, Public Speaking, and Creed competitors reached the state level by qualifying through Sub-District and District competitions. The Poultry Evaluation team, Farm Business Management team, and Chapter Display contests started at state convention.
State FFA Results
- Parliamentary Procedure Team - Bronze Award: Competed by Val Beukema, Brett Beukema, Taylor Buckley, Max Fick, Grant McIntosh (sub for Grace Johnson)
- Poultry Evaluation Team - Silver Award: Competed by Izi Juhl, Garrett VonStein, Jace Huff, Brayden Parks
- Greenhand Quiz - Silver Award: Competed by Morgan Plucar, Eli Hanson
- Farm Business Management Team - Silver Award: Competed by Tyson Lillegard, Hudson McIntosh, Landon Sparks, Gunnar Bailey
- Chapter Display - Silver Award: Competed by Lauren Meier, Riley Current, Estella Smith (pictured below)
- Public Speaking - Gold Award: Competed by Bridget Johnson
- Creed Speaking- GOLD, STATE CHAMPION: Competed by Emma Lihs
Emma Lihs (pictured above) is now a National FFA Qualifier and will represent Iowa in October 2022 competing against all other state FFA creed speaking champions. This placement brought Emma to the top 1% in the nation.
(Respectfully submitted by Lauren Meier, Bondurant-Farrar FFA Chapter Reporter)