NOTE: The information on this webpage and other Bondurant-Farrar Return To Learn documents/resources is fluid and subject to change. This webpage is updated with the most recent district communications.
Transition To 100% On-Site Learning On January 18
Date: January 11, 2021
At tonight’s meeting the Bondurant-Farrar Board of Education voted to transition to 100% on-site learning on January 18, 2021, except for those currently enrolled in the virtual learning option. With the decision to return to full on-site learning, it is important to note that unscheduled adjustments to our learning model can be made if conditions warrant a change. Our team monitors the district’s data daily and is prepared to make changes by grade, building, or district-wide if warranted.
- Hybrid model continues through January 15
- Full on-site model January 18 through February 12
- Adjustments will be made anytime if adverse conditions warrant
- Decision will be reviewed at the February 8 board meeting
Impacts on School Operations:
- Meals: Student meals (not a la carte) are free for the remainder of the school year. Grab-n-go meals will continue for students in the virtual learning option. Participation supports our food service program.
- Transportation: No changes in routes or services, however families may notice a slight change in pick-up and drop-off times due to more frequent stops.
- Student Drop-Off and Pick-Up: We anticipate more traffic on the Garfield Campus, impacting wait times.
- Calendar: We will follow only the main academic calendar during full on-site learning.
- Facility Rentals: To remain closed except to recognized youth activity programs currently utilizing the facilities.
- Spectator Limitations During Events: Click to view new spectator guidelines.
The district recognizes opportunities for social distancing will be impacted by full on-site learning and is committed to ensuring students maintain a minimum of 6 feet social distance during lunches and elementary mask breaks.
Thank you for continuing to utilize our electronic form to submit questions. As a reminder, that can be found online at https://forms.gle/vm93QFvwjiqsTyAh7.
Change In Face Coverings Effective October 5
Date: October 2, 2020
On September 29 the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) released new guidance regarding quarantine and acceptable face coverings. Now, a close contact is not required to quarantine if they and the individual that tested positive were both wearing face masks correctly during exposure. Face shields and neck gaiters are not recommended by the IDPH and, therefore, are no longer considered acceptable face coverings by the district. Masks should meet CDC guidelines and recommendations. This change will go into effect on Monday, October 5. If your child is in need of an acceptable mask, please see your building secretary.
- Iowa Department of Public Health Changes COVID-19 Quarantine Requirements
- CDC: How to Select, Wear, and Clean Your Mask