What is the Portrait of a Graduate?
- The Portrait of a Graduate is a collective vision that articulates the community’s aspirations to better define the skills students need for success after high school.
- This portrait will include the knowledge, mindsets, and skills that students should possess to succeed in a rapidly changing and complex world and thrive in this 21st century economy.
- Currently, there is a committee that is designing the final product and this group is gathering data on this topic from community members, business leaders, local college representatives, past graduates, current students, and B-F teachers. Additionally, this group is learning about trends in industries both locally, nationally, and internationally.
Why the Portrait of a Graduate for Bondurant-Farrar?
- Now, more than ever, learning experiences must not only provide for the acquisition of rigorous academic content, but they must also be more intentional about fostering communication, collaboration, creativity, and other durable skills our students need to thrive in this ever-evolving world.
- Our accountability system needs to provide a more comprehensive picture of what student success means in order to ensure our students’ readiness for civic life, career, or college.
- We, in conjunction with our community, are creating a portrait of a graduate because we want to empower all learners to foster their own passions as they gain the knowledge, skills, and traits to be choice ready for life’s multiple pathways.
How can this look in other districts?
- To see examples of what this Portrait of a Graduate profile looks like at other districts, visit https://sites.google.com/view/thecenter-iowa/home.
What if I have questions about this process?
- Please visit https://www.bfschools.org/contactus to share your questions.