June 16, 2022
Board Highlights from the June 13 Meeting
• After reviewing public comments, the board approved the selection of Goodheart/Wilcox’s Exploring Life and Career: Introduction to Social Health as the district’s 5-6 health curriculum.
• Received updates from two of the district’s superintendent advisory committees - communication and finance.
• Approved the issuance of approximately $9,000,000 school infrastructure sales, services, and use tax revenue bonds on master planning needs. A portion of this will be used to complete the junior high project. In addition, the board plans a series of improvements at the intermediate building (former MS) and Anderson Elementary.
• Approved a resolution to commit up to $2,000,000 for staffing due to opening a new building / district growth as well as large curriculum, furniture, and technology purchases for the 2022-23 school year.
• At 4pm on August 8, 2022, the district will celebrate the opening of our new junior high during a public ribbon cutting event. For community members unable to attend the official ribbon cutting, an open house will be held on August 11, 2022 from 12-2pm. More information will be communicated in the coming weeks.
The next regularly scheduled school board meeting will take place on July 11, 2022 at 5:00pm in the multi-purpose room of the Bondurant-Farrar Intermediate School (formerly referred to as the middle school) located at 300 Garfield Street SW in Bondurant. To access the meeting, guests may enter at the north side of the building through door #3010. For more information, visit www.bfschools.org/Page/854.
Contact the Board:
The superintendent serves as the community’s liaison to the board of education. District patrons are encouraged to send questions, comments and suggestions to Superintendent Rich Powers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General questions, comments, or concerns should be handled at the lowest level possible. If you are unsure where to start, please refer to our general inquiries form, which can be found at www.bfschools.org/contactus.
Transportation Service Offerings for 2022-23
We are continuing to find ways to improve our transportation services in order to accommodate as many families as possible while keeping costs at a minimum.
On June 13, a notification was sent to district families detailing transportation service offerings and changes for the 2022-23 school year.
In case you missed it, please visit https://www.bfschools.org/Page/1230.
Work to Begin on Grant Street Widening Project
On June 27, construction is scheduled to begin on a road widening project that will allow for safety and traffic flow improvements to portions of Grant Street near the high school and new junior high. Work on this project is anticipated to continue until approximately August 11. During this time, traffic will be limited to one lane in the north/south direction and controlled by temporary traffic signals. Please click the links below to view larger maps that indicate the limits of construction and details of the project.
Summer Meal Sites Nearby
The Summer Food Service Program, also known as the Summer Meals Program, was established to ensure children continue to receive nutritious meals when school is not in session. This program is offered in low-income areas to ensure kids and teens have access to healthy meals during summer break. While Bondurant is not eligible due to program requirements, families are able to utilize other meal sites in our area - several sites are located less than 10 miles from Bondurant.
The US Department of Agriculture (Food and Nutrition) offers an interactive map with meal sites in communities, simply type in the desired location to find out specific site information.
Re-Enrollment for Returning Families Opens July 1
The re-enrollment process for returning families will open on July 1, 2022 and can be completed online through your Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Through that process, families will be able to request transportation services for the coming school year. Individuals needing assistance may call our district office at 515-967-7819 to schedule an appointment with our district registrar. More information will be shared via email on July 1.
*Registration for NEW students to the district is currently open at www.bfschools.org/new.
Office Hours Through August 5
During the summer months, offices are open weekly Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 3:00pm. With the exception of July 1, Friday morning hours are available by appointment only. Individuals who need assistance outside these hours may call or email to request availability.
If you are planning to visit one of our offices during the summer months, regardless of the day of the week, we recommend calling ahead to ensure we are open and the appropriate staff member is available to assist.
- Morris Elementary: 967-6361
- Anderson Elementary: 967-7494
- Intermediate School: 967-3711
- Junior High: Coming Soon
- High School: 957-8191
- District Office: 967-7819
Have a Question?
Our online form serves as a way to electronically submit GENERAL comments, questions, and concerns. This is in an effort to increase opportunities for two-way communication with district stakeholders.
General questions, comments, or concerns should be handled at the lowest level possible.
If you are unsure where to start, please refer to our general inquiries form, which can be accessed through the link below and found anytime in the footer of our website.
Thank you for taking time to review the latest issue of the Bondurant-Farrar E-Briefing. The purpose of this publication is to provide board updates, news, and events from around the district. If you have suggestions, comments, or feedback regarding this publication, please reach out!