Help Keep Our Schools Safe
School safety is a top priority at Bondurant-Farrar. Many precautions are in place and we continue to enhance and improve our safety and security protocols to ensure a safe, positive environment for all.
Threats and violence in our schools are not tolerated and we collaborate both internally and with community partners to refine and focus our plans. An important piece in our proactive approach is encouraging students, families, and community members to report past, present, and possible threats to and within our school community.
There are several ways to report suspicious activity.
⇒ LAW ENFORCEMENT:
- To report an emergency - call 911.
- The Polk County Sheriff’s Office can be reached at 515-286-3334 for non-emergency situations.
- Non-emergency situations may be reported to the appropriate building administrator(s) - either in person, by phone, or via email.
- Online: BFCSD’s Anonymous Reporting Tool is an electronic reporting form that is monitored between 8AM-3PM on days when school is in session. School staff are notified upon submission.
⇒ SAFE & SOUND IOWA:
The Iowa Governor’s School Safety Bureau recently developed Safe+Sound Iowa—an anonymous reporting tool that is monitored 24/7. Reports are immediately vetted and sent to appropriate school administrators, law enforcement and/or other community partners so outreach can be provided to the student in crisis.
- Tip Line: 800-224-6018
- Online: SafeandSoundIowa.gov
- Safe+Sound Iowa: Mobile App
Creating a safe learning environment is our highest priority, and it starts with early detection of potential threats. See something, say something, do something!