Welcome: 2023-24 Transportation Services
July 5, 2023
We understand the crucial role school transportation plays in the daily routines of our students. We are committed to providing safe and reliable transportation to our students while keeping costs at a minimum for the families who utilize our in-town services.
- In-Town Routes: Optional Bus Service "OBS" (pay-to-ride) for K-6 students. Seats are filled on a first come, first served basis until the route is full.
- Country Routes: Free for resident K-8 students residing 2+ miles from school and 9-12 students residing 3+ miles from school.
- Express Shuttle Service: OBS service that transports 7-12 students between campuses (in the morning from the Garfield campus to the JH/HS campus and the reverse in the afternoon). Seats are filled on a first come, first served basis until the route is full.
- Specialized Transportation: Free for identified K-12 students as outlined within their individualized special education plan (IEP).
- Please note: Non-resident/open enrolled students may be transported as seats are available, and will be required to pay-to-ride per new state guidelines.
- The OBS fees are applicable to in-town routes, the express shuttle service, and open enrolled students.
- The OBS fee is $250 per rider. The family discount is no longer available.
- Payment for OBS routes is due by August 10. If unpaid by the end of the day, seats will be released to those on the waiting list. Unpaid seats will not be reserved.
- For families that qualify for free/reduced school meals, this also extends to transportation fees. A signed waiver must be completed and on file with the food service department for fees to be waived.
- July 5: Transportation requests are now open. Please use the links below to submit requests.
- July 31: Deadline for all transportation requests
- August 1: Transportation department will begin routing and notify families of placement.
- August 10: Fees are due for OBS routes/students.
- August 11: Unpaid seats released to waiting families. Those on the waiting list will be notified by email if an open seat is available.
- August 14: Country route riders will be notified of bus times via USPS mail.
- August 18: Bus times for in-town/group stops will be posted online
- August 23: First day of school with a 2pm early dismissal
- School bus drivers are the first to greet students in the mornings and the last to see students at the end of each school day!
- We need you more than you realize. There are immediate openings available with competitive pay and paid training available.
- Consider joining us at our July 12 job fair or call our district office at 515-967-7819 to learn more.
We understand there is a lot to digest here and we’re here to help. Please call us at 515-967-7819 or email email@example.com with any questions. Thank you for your continued support and utilization of our services. We look forward to serving as many families as possible this school year!
Mary Jo Hetrick, Director of Transportation
Kami Hausman, Transportation Assistant