Bus Safety & Rules
School buses across the country transport millions of kids every year and are without question the safest way to get kids to and from school. We transport over 900 students per day here in Bondurant-Farrar and our number one priority is "SAFETY". Transporting students to and from school safely requires a team effort to be successful. Bus drivers, school staff, students, and parents all need to work together to provide the safest transportation possible.
- Ensure your student arrives at their bus stop safely and 5 minutes prior to bus stop time.
- During days of extreme weather, ensure your student boards the bus safely.
- Review the School Bus Rules (Board Policy 711.2R1) with your child.
Bus Driver Responsibilities:
- Ensure the school bus is safe to transport students each and every trip.
- Ensure each student has a place to sit on their bus to transport students safely.
- Ensure all students are safely transported to and from school.
- Arrive at the bus stop 5 mins. prior to your bus stop time to ensure you will not miss the bus.
- Follow ALL of the School Bus Rules below.
- Report violations of the School Bus Rules to the bus driver immediately.
- If you must cross the street to load or unload the school bus, you must cross in front of the bus (no closer than 10 feet), only after a signal from the driver.
For additional rules and practices related to transportation services, please reference the board policies above.