Bluejay Beginnings Preschool
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How old can my child be to attend preschool?
- In order to be eligible for preschool, your child must be three (for three year old preschool) or four (for four year old preschool) on or before September 15th, 2021.
When should I register my child for preschool?
- The preschool lottery application process will be available January 11 - February 26, 2021.
Can I choose which section my child will be in (AM/PM)?
- You will be asked to choose which session you prefer. We cannot guarantee that your child will be in your preferred section.
When are preschool classes held?
- 4 days per week -- Tuesday-Friday
- AM session -- 8:15-11:15
- PM session -- 12:25-3:25
- The preschool calendar runs on the same schedule as the Bondurant-Farrar CSD calendar regarding vacation days, early outs, and snow days. The start date will be determined at a later date.
Is my child guaranteed a preschool spot?
- No, our preschool classes are filled on a random lottery system basis. We will fill all available spots and those that do not receive a spot will be placed on our waiting list.
Is there priority placement into the preschool program?
- Special education and at-risk students will be given priority placement into the preschool program. Low-income families who apply and qualify for the ECI grant funding, which is based upon federal income eligibility guidelines, will also be given priority placement into the preschool program. Additionally, in order to help attract and retain the best teachers, priority enrollment will be given to students of district staff members who have demonstrated a quality work history with the district.
If my child attended Bluejay Beginnings three year old preschool program, do they automatically get a spot in the four year old program?
- Yes, they will be secured a four year-old spot. You will still need to submit their information into the lottery application process in order for the student to automatically be rolled over.
How do I submit an application for my child to attend preschool?
- Step 1: Submit the preschool lottery application available beginning January 11, 2021.
- Step 2: Email notifications will be sent out the week of March 8, 2021 to inform you if your child has been accepted into the preschool program.
- Step 3: If accepted, please refer to the School Registration page and follow the process for either an existing family or a new family to the district. If you don’t have access to a computer, please contact the District Office to set up an appointment with the registrar to complete Step 3 prior to the online registration deadline.
I have older children already enrolled at Bondurant-Farrar Schools. Can I register them all at once with my preschooler?
- Yes you can! Please refer to the School Registration page and follow the process for an existing family. While you’re verifying your existing household information, you’ll add your new preschooler on the “Student” tab.
What paperwork should I have ready before registering my child for preschool?
- Existing families with Parent Portal accounts will need a copy of your child’s proof of birthdate and medical records for required immunizations and screenings. Please refer to the State Health Requirements to see which medical records your child will need.
- New families will need the paperwork listed above and additionally will need a digital copy showing proof of residence (ex: mortgage statement, lease agreement, utility bill)
- All new preschool students are required to fill out the Home Language Survey within the application. Your computer may not allow you to digitally fill it out. You can print it, fill it out, and upload it or email it back.
What if I have troubles uploading documents during the registration process?
- Simply email the required documents to Holly Roby at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them off in the District Office during business hours.
Who should I contact if I have more questions?
- If you have further questions about our preschool program, please contact Holly Roby in the District Office at 515-967-7819 or email@example.com