2020-2021 Kindergarten Information
How do I register my child for Kindergarten?
In order to best prepare for our new students, the district asks new and returning families to complete online registration for incoming 2020-2021 kindergarten students beginning March 9, 2020.
1) Enroll online via Infinite Campus. Which best describes your family?
- If you are a NEW family to our district and have no children currently attending BFCSD, please enroll your kindergartner online via the Infinite Campus Kiosk Link.
- If you currently have children enrolled at BFCSD (PK-12), please log into your Infinite Campus parent portal, select "More" in the lower left corner, then click the "Online Registration" link to start the re-enrollment process of your current children. If your child attended preschool with us, you will simply verify their current information. If your kindergarten student is new to the district, you will ADD him/her when you arrive to the STUDENT tab. If you're unsure of your username/password to log in, please use the forgot username/password options available or contact Holly Roby, at email@example.com
Prepare to provide the following information during the registration process.
- Provide Proof of Residency (two documents, ie: purchase or lease agreement, utility bill, payroll check w/ address, vehicle registration, etc.)
- Provide Proof of Student's Age (ie: Hospital Certificate of Live Birth, US Passport, Custody Document, Adoption Record, Immunization Record that includes DOB). Certified birth certificates need to be brought into the registrar's office for verification and cannot legally be uploaded or copied.
- Household & Emergency Contact Info
- General Health Conditions, Medications, Etc
- Preschool Contact Info, If Applicable
- Health Insurance & Dental Insurance Info
- Home Language Survey
2) Submit Required Health Documents
To complete the kindergarten registration process, a health packet will be required prior to your child’s first day of school. Please refer to the State Health Requirements for further details regarding these requirements.
- Immunization Certificate or Exemption Certificate. *It is recommended that you submit one at the time of registration. If the child needs any additional immunizations, you will have to submit a new certificate to the school nurse at that time.
- Dental Screening
- Vision Screening
- Physical/Health Form
- Parent Health Statement Form
These forms can be returned at any time to: Holly Roby, District Registrar, 300 Garfield St SW, Bondurant, IA 50035 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The district offers a Developmental Kindergarten (DK) option for students who are 5 years old (kindergarten age) by September 15th and would benefit from an additional year of instruction between preschool and kindergarten. This program is structured for those students who show academic or social discrepancies from their peers. Students will be selected for DK through an application process. To apply for DK, you'll need to complete the above online registration process AND complete this Developmental Kindergarten Form. For additional information regarding DK, email Mrs. Collins at email@example.com.
Contact the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-967-7819 with any questions regarding Kindergarten or the enrollment process. You may also contact Morris Elementary at 515-967-6361.