2019-20 Kindergarten Information
We will hold an informational kindergarten parent meeting on Tuesday, March 12, 2018 at 6:00pm in the gym at Morris Elementary in Bondurant. This meeting will be for parents/guardians only.
How do I register my child for Kindergarten?
To best prepare for our new students, the district asks new and returning families to complete online registration for incoming 2019-20 kindergarten students beginning March 11, 2019.
Which best describes your family?
- A new family to our district and no children currently attending BFCSD. Please enroll your kindergartner online via the Infinite Campus Kiosk Link.
- You currently have children enrolled at BFCSD (PK-12). Please log into your Infinite Campus Parent Portal and visit the "Online Registration" link in the lower left hand corner to start the re-enrollment process of your current children. If you're unsure of your username/password to log in, please contact Holly Roby, at email@example.com
Along with registering your student(s) online, we also require the following paper forms be completed and returned to the registrar to complete your students Kindergarten registration.
Families Should Be Prepared To Provide
- Proof of Birthdate (Example: Birth Certificate, Passport, Adoption Papers, etc.)
- Household & Emergency Contact Info
- General Health Conditions, Medications, Etc
- Preschool Contact Info, If Applicable
- Residency Documents (2) for current BF preschool families and all new families to the district
- Health Insurance & Dental Insurance Info
To complete the kindergarten registration process, a health packet will be required prior to your child’s first day of school. Please refer to the State Health Requirements for further details regarding these requirements.
- Required Kindergarten Health Document Checklist
- Immunization Certificate or Exemption Certificate. *It is recommended that you submit one at the time of registration. If the child needs any additional immunizations, you will have to submit a new certificate to the school nurse at that time.
- Dental Screening
- Vision Screening
- Physical/Health Form
If you have any of these forms completed by March 12, 2019, please submit them at the parent information meeting or return them to: Holly Roby, District Registrar, 300 Garfield St SW, Bondurant, IA 50035
The district offers a Developmental Kindergarten (DK) option for students who are 5 years old (kindergarten age) by September 15th and would benefit from an additional year of instruction between preschool and kindergarten. This program is structured for those students who show academic or social discrepancies from their peers. Students will be selected for DK through an application process. For additional information regarding DK, email Mrs. Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the Registrar at email@example.com or 515-967-7819 with any questions regarding Kindergarten or the enrollment process. You may also contact Morris Elementary at 515-967-6361.